Dominic Demico Jr, Construction Officer
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Construction office is charged with enforcement of the following State Laws and Municipal Ordinances.
State of New Jersey Uniform Construction Code Act. NJS52L27D-119 Chapter 219.
Under this act the department reviews, inspects and issues Certificates of Compliance for the following elements of construction:
- Asbestos Mitigation & Removal
- Energy Conservation
- Barrier Free Access, Use
- Radon Mitigation
- Indoor Air Quality
State of New Jersey Municipal Land Use NJSA40:55D-1 et.seq.
This law deals with:
- Site Plan Applications
- Subdivision Applications
- Variance Applications
Borough Zoning Ordinance 801 & 1090
Enforcement of the Municipal Zoning Regulations as follows:
- Verifies if proposed construction meets zoning requirements
- Assists property owners with zoning variances
- Investigates complaints regarding zoning
- Prosecutes cases in violation of the Zoning Ordinance
Borough Development Review Ordinance 762
Enforcement of the Borough Development Review Ordinance
- Determines site plan requirements
- Determining completeness of applications
- Investigates violations and prosecutes when necessary verifying compliance with approved applications
Borough Property Maintenance Code Ordinance 895
Handles complaints dealing with the maintenance of property within the Borough
Enforcement of Federal, State & Municipal Regulations pertaining to Flood Plain Management
Assist Middlesex County with Housing Rehabilitation Loans for low & moderate income homeowners
Enforce Borough Codified Ordinances specifically: Chapters 108, 115, 118, 122, 124, 125
Assist Borough Zoning Board with variances.
Assist Planning Board with Site Plans and Subdivisions